If you are a passionate about creating better streets and better places, we’d love to hear from you! We are an award winning urban planning and design firm with offices in Miami and New York City. We work for a range of public, private, and non-profit clients to advance human-centered transportation and public realm projects that create more competitive and resilient communities.
Email email@example.com if interested.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We’re looking for licensed engineering candidates who want to work on a variety of complete streets planning, design, and implementation projects. In this role, you will support and participate in all stages of project development including: business development, project management, research, fieldwork, mapping, conducting engineering analyses, and the preparation of conceptual drawings, striping plans, construction documents, and technical reports. More specifically, you will:
- Catalyze long-term street transformations by assisting with the design and implementation of Tactical Urbanism demonstration, pilot, and interim design projects;
- Support Street Plans’ Principals with the development and management of complete streets planning projects (such as citywide bicycle and pedestrian master plans, corridor plans, policy development etc.);
- Lead or contribute to multi-modal traffic studies with an emphasis on moving people, not just vehicles, safely;
- Assist with design and execution of public meetings and workshops;
- Develop data collection and evaluation plans
Desired Skills + Experience
The Plangineer position combines urban and land use planning skills with professional engineering and project management expertise. More specifically, the ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate.
- Interest and passion for multimodal transportation!
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in civil or traffic engineering
- At least 5-10 years of experience
- Professional Engineering (PE) license; Professional Transportation Operations Engineer (P.T.O.E.) is a plus;
- Experience in design software (i.e. AutoCAD, MicroStation, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Indesign).
- Experience with traffic analysis using modeling software (Synchro, Simtraffic, Vissim, etc.), roadway geometric design software (Civil 3D, GEOPAK or InRoads) non-software traffic engineering tasks (network assessment, crash analysis, safety studies, HCM application), and/or GIS is a plus.
- Leadership experience
- Experience with communications, research
- Spanish language a plus!
The Fine Print
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- We are flexible in terms of working schedule, and are generous with paid time off. Candidate would be expected to work from the office, with the possibility of remote work on some days.
- Retirement, health, and transportation benefits
- Interested candidates should provide:
Please provide a resume, cover letter, and relevant work samples, as well as a short description of your favorite street or public space – tell us why you love it in 250 words or less!