Street Plans is always looking for qualified applicants to assist with a variety of projects focused on active transportation, placemaking, public engagement, and Tactical Urbanism.
If you are a creative person who is passionate about creating better streets and better places, we’d love to hear from you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Taking an independent, entrepreneurial, collaborative, forward-thinking approach to all aspects of project development, management, and delivery.
- Leading all aspects of project management with a range of clients (public, private, foundation, non-profit); must be able to demonstrate strong verbal/written client communications skills; demonstrate ability to lead meetings in person and over the phone, develop draft and final project reports/plans, and manage a small team of planners and designers.
- Demonstrating expertise in planning and designing human-oriented streets and public spaces, especially as it relates to transportation (cycling, walking, transit); a strong knowledge and ability to apply NACTO design standards or similar is a must; familiarity with public space stewardship/management/policy models and protocols a big plus.
- Developing and delivering Tactical Urbanism projects is a big plus.
- Contributing to land use, zoning, and/or architectural projects is a plus.
- Have experience and confidence in public speaking, developing workshops, leading trainings, and contributing to professional conferences.
- Assuming business development responsibilities (proposal writing / client recruitment etc.) is also a big plus;
- Willing to engage in a moderate to sometimes heavy domestic and international travel schedule
- Proficiency with Adobe Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Proficiency with G-Suite and Dropbox file management and collaboration systems
- Knowledge of Sketch-Up
- Knowledge of AUTO-CAD
- Knowledge of GIS
- 65k – 85k, commensurate with experience
- Generous paid vacation time
- Flexible work schedule / location
- Health insurance stipend
- Helping us lead a growing group of passionate planners, designers, and changemakers!