The Street Plans Collaborative is seeking qualified applicants in our main offices in Miami, Florida to assist with a variety of projects focused on active transportation, placemaking, public engagement, and Tactical Urbanism.
If you are a creative person who is passionate about creating better streets and better places, we’d love to hear from you!
Street Plans is an award winning urban planning, design, and research-advocacy firm with offices in Miami, New York City, and San Francisco. Our firm is known for advancing innovative practices to implement new ideas and concepts for a range of public, private, and non-profit groups. We seek to improve the balance of multi-modal transportation options and create successful public spaces as a means to creating more competitive and sustainable 21st century communities. We fulfill this mission by working at the intersection of transportation, land use, and urban design in cities and towns across the United States and abroad.
Urban Planner (Entry Level)
• Assist with design and implementation of Tactical Urbanism demonstration projects (typically 1-7 days in duration)
• Support our team in research, writing and graphics production for active transportation planning projects (such as citywide bike/walk master plans, corridor plans, etc.). Graphics include report documents, maps, infographics, posters, flyers and more.
• Assist with design and execution of public meetings and workshops
• Analyze and draw conclusions from data gathered during public engagement activities
• Assist with day-to-day office administrative tasks
Desired Skills + Experience
The ideal candidates are passionate about the work. Applicants should be able to demonstrate:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in urban planning or architecture; entry level.
• A passion for creating better streets and better places
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Intermediate level of proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-Up, + ACAD
• Experience with event planning, communications, research, visual art and/or graphic design
• Spanish language a plus!
See below on how to apply.
The Fine Print
• Salary commensurate with experience.
• Candidate would be expected to work from the office.
• Interested candidates should provide:
o A resume, cover letter, and sample of engineering/planning/graphic/urban design work
o A short description of your favorite street or public space – tell us why you love it in 250 words or less!